28 Oct 2007

In Search Of Gods Penis Part 1: The Search Begins

In the category section, i notice a lot of differing options that i could have taken to describe this... Sports, Writing and Poetry, Dreams and the Supernatural, News and Politics. All of these would have suited this work...

I fully expect this to be work... I can't guarantee it will be easily read, in fact i hope it won't be. There is an idiom in literature: The harder a prose is to read, the more effective it becomes.
In my last blog, i said i might write something mindful... Technically, i said mindfuck, i stick to that, but in case those who have read it got lost in that piece of the report, it was intended to be mindful and dedicated to something important.

So this is it, my mindfuck. It is dedicated to the Life and the Meme-orial of Robert Anton Wilson... Author of Prometheus Rising, Email To The Universe, TSOG and Sex Drugs and Magic... Each of these books has influenced me beyond my explanations.
One of the most puzzling and charming aspects of humanity is the search for being correct. What the bloody hell does being correct mean?

Ironically enough I won't answer that, because I am going to be wrong in doing so. What I am aiming to do is express what I think, and if that is few and far in between your model of correctness than that is my fault and i apologise prior to any offence I may cause.
In other words, fuck off if you're easily insulted by others telling you their beliefs :D
I highly suspect a few things in correlation with this subject of correctness. I suspect that being correct has fuck all to do with the truth and/or Truth. I highly suspect that my approach to being correct is a whole different thing to yours. I suspect I may be coming off as impounding my own beliefs on to yours, let me dispel that myth and tell you that this is not about me being correct (you see the irony?) and you being wrong. This is (on a level) a dedicated, mindful and literate rant that I hope, may open a few previously closed minds.

I don't think this will reach hundreds of people, as much as i would like it to. I think i might be lucky to have ten of you left reading this. If you are, then i ask for you to do a favour for those you love, if anything in this gives you that little more insight into life and thoughts, then recommend it to others. Not for profile views or fame or anything, a long time ago i realised i had a responsibility to dispel ignorance and this adds just that bit more on to my goal.
So, the content of this. RA Wilson places an interesting scheme of Correct Answers Model. I fully support this, to give you a run down on my interpretation of his theory (damn that was a bit confusing), it states that most things one learns in the modern Culture is based on the assumption that it is Correct. Marxism, Christianity, Atheism, Buddhism, all seem to state that they are correct about one thing or the other. About how to live, about the existence and nature of God, about how society works.

I am not here to dispute any of them, though i have many opinions on each. I am just wondering why they seem to be so common and how this goal of objectivity has come about. As I stated before, i strongly suspect that having a Correct Answer Model has no correlation with the truth.
Any correct answers are purely relative to the situation they are in. Or at least, that is what i am highly suspect of. For example, Marxism. The basis of this ideology is that there exists two classes, the Bourgeoisie and the Proletariat. All Bourgeoisie pupils extort the Proletariat and the Proletariat can not help but benefit the Bourgeoisie by working for them. Now, this seems pretty reliable. Through history we can see that this is a nice fitting model, yet... Is this correct for now? (Note: The semantics in this is very important... With the wrong referential index, the argument gets mixed up in an infinite regress of "Yes, but if correctness doesn't exist, then that fact cannot be correct and because it is in correct, correctness does exist, but if correctness does exist, then that fact must be incorrect so it doesn't exist! I mean, who the fuck wants that!?)
The answers are debatable of course but to point out the resistance in this argument, look at people such as Alan Michael Sugar. He rose through the ranks of the Proletariat and is now owner of AMSTrad... Most known throw BBCs The Apprentice. That is one of the thousands of examples of the worlds Billionaires who used to be from the working class.

So, this Correct Answer Model is not associated with the truth in this scenario. Yet, it remains a Correct Answer Model. Why is this? I suspect it is because the vast majority of people need a belief. This Correct Answer Model of mine is very similar to the reason why Religious people need God/Allah/Gurus/Ganneesh etc. Why do we, as a human race need to believe in a Model?
I think this is down to a very scientific, simple answer is that the brain contains over 100 billion neurons. This results in the potential to observe over 100 billion events at any nano second. Of course there may be no where in the Universe that can contain 100 billion events in a nanosecond, but if one considers how much might happen in a minute across a popular City Centre and all the information the brain takes in, it is a phenomenal number. As creatures that focus on the Ego (me, I, first person, what ever you want to call it) and can only remember 5 to 7 facts at any one time, this amount of info could fuck us up.

A Model is a summary of this information. Or any information really. It limits all the possible truths of culture and all this info our brain gathers into between 5 and 7 facts and for one so disillusioned by a singular model, explains all that the conscious can take in.

Or at least that’s what i suspect. You can make your own mind up.

No comments: